Wednesday, June 15, 2011

God of the Secret Place

But when you pray, go to your private room and, when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in that secret place, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you.
Mt.6:6

Jesus continues His radical, life-changing instructions on the Christian life in His great Sermon on the Mount. Here He instructs on how the believer is to talk/pray to God the Father... honestly and privately.

The great mystery of Christianity for the pagans and indeed, modern day unbelievers, is our relationship with an unseen God. The pagans needed their idols, modern unbelievers need something, anything that satisfies impericle reason. We Christians only need faith in our unseen God.

There is something very beautiful Jesus is saying about God the Father here. He is intimate. He is a personal God of the "secret place". The inference is that He is waiting in that place, always waiting and watching out for me to come and be with Him, much like the father of the prodigal son. Like the father of the prodigal son, He knows all about my sins, my indiscretions, yet He still desires me to return to Him in that secret place. Why? ...so He can love me. Why would I resist such intimacy? Today I surrender again to my God of the secret place to bathe in His love.

Thank you Jesus for drawing me closer to our Father. Father God, I lay myself before You and receive your love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: