Thursday, May 19, 2011

Messengers

I tell you most solemnly, whoever welcomes the one I send welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.
Jn.13:20


Jesus has just finished washing the disciple's feet at the Last Supper. He starts talking to the disciples about the importance of  "ones who are sent".

When a man knows He is about to die he talks about things dear to his heart. He chooses his final words carefully. In His final discourse Jesus talks about the importance of welcoming ones that He sends.

When I think about ones sent by Jesus into my life over the years, I am very grateful. I think of Margaret, Kate's mum who first talked to me about things of God when I was a confused teenager.  I think about Kate and my children who unwittingly evangelized me by the faithful practicing of their faith.  I think of the dear friends I met through marriage encounter and Joshua Catholic Men's fellowship who talked and witnessed to me things of God.  The list goes on...

The writer to the Hebrews says, "Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it" Heb. 13:2. God has and does send messengers into my life.  I need to be on the look out to welcome them, today...

Thank you Lord Jesus that You send "angels" into my life to give encouragement and direction.  Quicken my spirit to recognise and welcome them as they come.  Maybe Lord, You could also send me...
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: