Monday, May 23, 2011

Come Holy Spirit

I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name--he will teach you everything and remind you of all that (I) told you.
Jn.14:26


Jesus continues His final discourse to the disciples following the Last Supper.  He is asked if His revelation is just for His disciples only.  Jesus' reply confirms that His message is for any and everyone who loves Him.  This is confirmed for all time, including our present day.  How?  By the Holy Spirit sent by God.

This is such good news for me!  The fullness of Jesus is available to me today; His power, His Love, His fellowship; His healing... everything!  How?  By inviting the Holy Spirit into my life in the name of Jesus.  I cannot be an authentic follower of Jesus without the Holy Spirit active in my life.  He is the X-factor that makes Christ alive in me.  O come Holy Spirit...

Holy Spirit of God, come into my life today I pray, in the precious name of Jesus. Teach me and remind me of all that Jesus tells me, that I may glorify Him.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: