Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Barnabas

They sent Barnabas to Antioch... for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.
Acts.11:22,24


Barnabas is sent by the Jerusalem elders to Antioch to check out the rumors that Greeks had been preached to and had received the Good News about Jesus.  Barnabas confirms this is true and that it is a genuine move of God, encouraging the Antioch Church to continue.

Barnabas is one of my favorite characters from the early church. He is first introduced in Acts 4:36 as the "Son of Encouragement ". In today's first reading he is described as  "a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith ".  He is a role model that inspires me in my Christian walk. I desire to be an encourager, a good man, someone filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.  I can start, today...

Holy Spirit, You poured your power out over the early church.  Pour Your power out over me I pray that I may be a good man, someone filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: