Tuesday, April 5, 2011

River of Life

Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live. Fish will be very plentiful, for wherever the water goes it brings health, and life teems wherever the river flows. ...because this water comes from the sanctuary.
Ez.47:9,12


The prophet Ezekiel is describing His vision where he is shown the river of life flowing from the Temple.  Because the river's source is sacred it brings life where ever it flows.  From bareness is brought forward fertility, from sickness is brought forward healing. 

I am reminded of the Gospel two Sundays ago where Jesus meets the Samaritan woman and offers her living water to drink that she may never die. This living water is offered to me every time I go to Mass.  Jesus is there offering himself to slake my thirst.  I need to go to Mass... soon.

Lord Jesus, I thirst for Your living water that You offer me today.  Thank you Lord that You are the source of everlasting life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: