Thursday, April 7, 2011

Idol Worhip

At Horeb they fashioned a calf, worshiped a metal statue. They exchanged their glorious God for the image of a grass-eating bull. They forgot the God who saved them...
Ps.106:20,21


Today's Psalm is a fitting response to the first reading from Exodus which recounts the apostasy of the Jewish people while Moses was up Mount Sinai conversing with God.  They quickly turned from God and demanded idols be fashioned so they could worship them instead.  Worship of the Creator was replaced by worship of creation.

How little things have changed.  People today have replaced God with things which they worship and make sacrifices to.  We will always have a god, the only question is which god?  I am among this apostatizing people and I can easily be swept up in the seduction of the temporal.  The antidote?  Jesus. I need to keep my eyes on Him, daily.  I need to keep my eyes on Him today.

I live a simple life, I take a day at a time.
I spend my mornings with God before I hit the grind.
The subtleties of darkness never cease to amaze,
as the physical world creates a spiritual haze

(DC Talk)

Lord Jesus, I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: