Saturday, April 30, 2011

Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!

He (Jesus) showed himself under another form to two of them as they were on their way into the country. These went back and told the others, who did not believe them either.
Mk.16:12,13


Mark gives account of Jesus' resurrection in his typically crisp style. However, he agrees with the other Gospel writers on the essentials;
- Women were the first to receive the Good News of Jesus' resurrection. 
- They were not believed at first.
- Jesus appeared in His resurrected body a number of times.
- Jesus gave the Great Commission to go tell the world the Good News of His resurrection.

The Resurrection is almost too good to believe. For many today it remains too good to believe.  Belief in the Resurrection is the great divide.  If you don't accept it, you're not a believer.  I go back to the gospel accounts of Jesus' passion, death and resurrection and to me they smack of authenticity. There's too much emphasis on Jesus' death to be a made-up story. The Book of Acts and New Testament epistles give too much detail on the joy and suffering of the early church for it to be all based on a lie.  I have experienced too many encounters with the Risen Jesus for Him to be a phantom of my imagination.  It comes down to relationship.  It's my daily contact with Him that causes me to shout, "Christ is Risen, He is risen indeed! Alleluia!"

Jesus my risen Lord, fill me with Your spirit that I may be a credible witness to the Good News that You have conquered the great enemy, death.  Thank you Lord for showing me the way to fullness of life.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: