Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toilet Brush Scripture

"...anyone who wants to become great among you must be your servant, and anyone who wants to be first among you must be slave to all. For the Son of Man himself did not come to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Mk.10:43-45


Jesus is on the road to Jerusalem with His disciples  for the last time.  The disciples are indignant that James and John have tried to gain superior positions for themselves.  Once again, Jesus has to explain that His kingdom is very different from kingdoms of this world.  In the Kingdom of God the least shall be the greatest and the first shall be a slave to all.  Jesus looming passion and death were about to provide the perfect example of this principle.

This is my "toilet brush scripture".  It is the scripture that compels me to be the toilet cleaner in our house.  I try to role model this great principle of the Kingdom of God.  Yes, I am the head of my household and yes, I do clean the toilet. I am first and I am the slave to all. 

Lord Jesus, You are the Servant King.  Help me follow Your great example that I may be worthy of God's Kingdom.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: