Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Forgiveness

“You wicked servant,” he said “I cancelled all that debt of yours when you appealed to me. Were you not bound, then, to have pity on your fellow servant just as I had pity on you?”
Mt.18:32,33


Jesus is telling the parable of the Wicked Servant in answer to Peter's question; "How often must I forgive my brother?". The Wicked Servant is forgiven a great debt but in turn refuses to forgive a much smaller debt owed him. The result is he is thrown to the torturers.

Jesus places huge emphasis on the need to forgive.  As He says in the parable, I am bound to be forgiving.  Why?  Because I have been forgiven a far greater debt.  My sins truly are scarlet and yet this has been taken off me by the death of Jesus.  When such love is received it is only natural to show great love in return.  The alternative is a bitterness that festers until it becomes torturous.

Lord Jesus, You know the un-forgiveness I hold in my heart towards others.  In Your name I now release that hardness of my heart.  Thank you Lord that I am counted among the forgiven.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: