Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Assembly

We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works.
We should not stay away from our assembly, as is the custom of some, but encourage one another, and this all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Heb.10:24,25


Today's reading from the letter to the Hebrews is an exhortation to community.  Our obligation is to "rouse one another to love and good works".  I'm not always doing this.  Often I go to the assembly just to see what I can get, rather than what I can give.

What holds me back is fear; fear of rejection, fear of being over-committed, fear of being committed at all.  What would I have to give up to be able to give?

Our local men's group is struggling for lack of leadership.  Lord, are you directing me here?

Lord Jesus, you know my fears and insecurities.  I place them all before You so I may be free to do Your will.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: