Friday, December 3, 2010

Stronghold of my Life

The LORD is my light and my salvation -whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
Ps. 27:1


In today's first reading the prophet Isaiah foretells of the day when Jesus will walk the land causing the deaf to hear and the blind to see.  The Gospel of Matthew records one of the may instances where Jesus does this; healing the two blind men.  Psalm 27 is a beautiful response to this truth about our God who is Emmanuel, God with us.

There is something more that comforting about knowing Jesus as Emmanuel.  There is a power and strength in this knowledge.  No matter where, what or how I mind my self, Jesus is with me.  With my God for me, who can be against me?  I walk into today with confidence - of whom shall I be afraid?

Lord Jesus.  Thank you that You are with me today; my Emmanuel. You are the stronghold of my lilfe - today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: