Monday, December 27, 2010

The One Jesus Loves

Feast of Saint John the Apostle

Then the other disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in; he saw and he believed.
Jn.20:8


Interestingly, two days after Christmas the Church has us shift our focus from the birth of Jesus to His death and resurrection.  The shadow of the cross is cast over Jesus right from His birth. His beautiful life was the price He came to pay.  But it didn't stop there; the linen cloths were lying on the ground, the tomb was empty...

Today's Gospel focuses on Saint John the Apostle.  Imagine being recorded in Holy Scripture as "the other disciple, the one Jesus loved." And yet this is my name, I am the one Jesus loves. This has always been the case and always will be.  I am the one Jesus loves.  How do I know this?  The Cross shouts it to the world.  Knowing I am unconditionally, eternally, unreservedly loved by Jesus makes all the difference in the world.  No matter what the world throws against me today I can stand up and lift my head.  I am infinitely lovable and infinitely loved.

Thank you for saving me, what can I say?
You are my everything, I will sing your praise.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: