Monday, November 8, 2010

Turn Clay into Gold

Who may go up the mountain of the LORD? Who can stand in his holy place? "The clean of hand and pure of heart, who are not devoted to idols, who have not sworn falsely. 
Ps.24:3,4

Psalm 24 is a Psalm of David, a worship song to the King Of Glory.  David of all people knew what it meant to have unclean hands and an impure heart.  His adultery with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband Uriah have been recorded in detail in scripture to remind us of this. Yet, David obviously wrote these lines with an expectancy to go up the mountain of the Lord and to stand in His Holy place.  He served a God of transformation, a God who makes gold out of clay, who turns sinners into saints.

The story of David gives me much hope. My unclean hands can be washed clean, my impure heart can be sanctified. David's transformation came with his honest confession.  This is the key for me. Thank God for the sacrament...

Lord Jesus, You know my desire to climb Your Holy mountain, to stand in Your Holy place.  You know Lord my unclean hands, my impure heart.  I confess these to You my God, trusting in Your mercy.  Turn this clay into gold, this sinner into a saint, that You may be glorified.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: