Friday, November 12, 2010

Today I Love

I am writing now, dear lady, not to give you any new commandment, but the one which we were given at the beginning, and to plead: let us love one another.
2Jn.1:5


Saint John's second letter is the briefest book in the Bible.  It was written to refute the heresy in a local church that Jesus is not incarnate, God made flesh.  Typical of John, although the letter is written to refute a serious heresy, it is surrounded with the Gospel of love.

John's clarion call to love is still needed today, especially in the Church.  It is the fundamental call that John was given by Jesus and that he was so fervent in passing on to the early Church.  It is the call I accept today to exercise in my Church.  Today I love.

Lord Jesus, help me be a great lover today.
Saint John, please pray for me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: