Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recognise Your Opportunity

As Jesus drew near Jerusalem and came in sight of the city he shed tears over it... '...all because you (Jerusalem) did not recognise your opportunity when God offered it!’
Lk.19:41,44

Jesus is overcome with grief for Jerusalem as He prophesy's its coming destruction, the result of not recognising Him and in fact plotting against Him.

There is a somber reminder here for all who do "not recognise your opportunity when God offers it".  This nothing to do with a lack of love or mercy from God.  It's to do with us choosing not to make a response to that love when it is offered.  Everyone is presented with God's love.  Many choose to turn their backs on it.

My role today is to present an authentic and compelling witness of God's love to my world so God's opportunity is grasped by all I meet.  Their destruction is then averted.

Lord Jesus, may my heart break with what breaks Yours so I can witness Your mighty love today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: