Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confess and Believe

If your lips confess that Jesus is Lord and if you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved. By believing from the heart you are made righteous; by confessing with your lips you are saved.
Rms.10:9,10


Saint Paul is writing to the Church of Rome, a church he never founded.  It was a church comprising of a mixture of Jews and Greeks and there was danger of each group looking down on the other. Paul emphasises how  God's Word makes no distinctions between Jew and Greek,  "for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Rms10:13 .  Confession of Jesus' lordship and heart-felt belief are enough for salvation to be claimed.

Our faith is uncomplicated.  God likes things simple. Today I confess with my lips the lordship of Jesus.  In my heart of hearts I know this to be true.

Jesus, You are Lord of my life.  I submit to Your authority.  You are my God and my King.  I worship You alone.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: