Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wise and Faithful Servant

You too must stand ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Lk.12:40

Jesus is giving a warning to His disciples on watchfulness.  Peter asks who is the warning for.  Jesus replies by telling the parable of the wise and faithful servant.

There is a role model placed before me by Jesus here. The Christian life is one of expectant waiting.  As we say at every Mass, "...we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ".  We are a people of joy and hope who are waiting.  How do we wait?  As wise and faithful servants.

Today I walk into my day with a servant's heart, busy about my master's business.

Lord Jesus, send me Your spirit of faithfulness and wisdom, that I may recognise Your work and be busy about it.  I wait in joyful hope for Your coming.
Little Flower, please pray for me.
Saint Mary of the Cross, pray for me.

No comments: