Thursday, October 21, 2010

Inner Strength

...that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
Eph.3:16,17


Saint Paul gives his powerful prayer "kneeling before the Father", interceding for the Ephesian Church. His prayer is also for me.

Paul's prayer is about inner conversion and strength.  He's praying for for things within me that cannot be seen but that have very visible external consequences. A strengthening of my inner self by the power of the Holy Spirit... WOW!  Yes please Lord!

Lord Jesus, thank you for your glorious riches that are mine for the asking. Holy Spirit, I need Your inner strength today, that Jesus may be glorified  in  me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: