Friday, October 22, 2010

Clean Hands and Pure Heart

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
       Who may stand in his holy place?
 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
       who does not lift up his soul to an idol
       or swear by what is false. 

 5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
       and vindication from God his Savior.

Ps.24: 3-5

Psalm 24 is a psalm of David, a psalm that praises the "King of Glory".  David opens this psalm by defining what state it takes to be worthy to stand in God's presence... clean hands, pure heart, true worship.  This definition of holiness covers both the external and the internal; the two are always linked.

This causes me to look at my hands and ask, have these always been about clean things?  I know my heart has been impure and I have worshiped things of man, not of God. 

Praise be to God for Jesus!  My unclean filthy rags can be exchanged for His pure, white spotless robe without wrinkle or blemish.  Jesus takes on to Himself all my crud,  nails it on the Cross and clothes me in His righteousness.  Then I may ascend the hill of the Lord and stand in His holy place.

Thank you Jesus.  By Your stripes I am healed, by Your blood I have been washed clean.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: