Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Angel of God

You will see greater things than that.’ And then he added ‘I tell you most solemnly, you will see heaven laid open and, above the Son of Man, the angels of God ascending and descending.’
Jn.1:51

Feast of the Archangels

On this point Scripture, Holy Mother Church and Jesus all agree;  There are spiritual beings who either work for or work against the coming of the Kingdom of God.  Praise be to God that we have His angels working for Him and so by default for us.  Yes, a third of the angels fell with Satan; but that still leaves two thirds who stayed with the Lord's heavenly army.

I enter into this day knowing that I and my loved ones are watched over by a benevolent heavenly host. Praise be to God!

Angel of God, my gaurdian dear
To whom God's love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, pray for me.

No comments: