Saturday, August 7, 2010

Be Upright and Live

‘See how he flags, he whose soul is not at rights, but the upright man will live by his faithfulness.
Hk.2:4


The prophet Habakkuk highlights how God uses savage pagans as instruments to correct His chosen people.  And yet in the midst of this apparent injustice comes the promise; the unjust will flag and the upright will live.

There is something liberating in accepting that an upright life pleases God.  A simple, faith-filled life is all He is calling me to.  This lifestyle is within the reach of all of us.  It's very simplicity is the source of its power to give life.  There's a line in a DC Talk song on Jesus Freak which goes;
I lead a simple life, I take a day at a time.  I spend my mornings with God before I hit the grind.
 
The simplicity of this line has always resonates with me.  It's a lifestyle I can achieve.

So, the promise for me today is, be upright and LIVE.

Lord Jesus, You know my tendency to complicate and burden myself.  I give that all to You in exchange for the simple, faith-filled life You offer me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: