Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rest

Jesus exclaimed, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest.
Mt.11:28

The dictionary defines "exclaim"as follows: "to cry out or speak suddenly and vehemently, as in surprise, with strong emotion".  Jesus literally Jesus shouts out his wonderful promise that still reverberates down through the ages.  Ask anyone what a heavy burden is at they will tell you.  We've all experienced it. This is the great promise that gained my attention as a non-believer and drew me to Jesus.

So here is that wonderful promise before me again.  The rest that Jesus gives is the peace beyond understanding, the peace that doesn't rely on my circumstances, the peace that his mine for the taking... today.

Jesus, You are my peace.  Thank you Lord.  I gain my rest in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: