Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Sins are Forgiven

Then some people appeared, bringing him a paralytic stretched out on a bed. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘Courage, my child, your sins are forgiven.’
Mt.9:2


Jesus is at the height of performing His public miracles "to prove the Son of Man has authority".  Here it is the faith of the paralytic's friends that motivates Jesus, firstly to forgive his sins and then almost as an after-thought, heal his paralysis.

Two things speak to me here.  Firstly, my faith is enough for Jesus to move in another's life.  Secondly, the most important result is the forgiveness of sins, not the physical healing.  This reminds me that my flesh is temporal while my soul is eternal.  It is the health of my soul that requires attention.

I need to make Reconciliation as soon as possible.  The health of my soul depends on it.

Lord Jesus, thank you that your healing power is available in the sacrament of Reconciliation.  Holy Spirit, give me courage to make a good confession.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: