Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Follow the Crazy Man

‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.’
Mt.12:50

Jesus is starting to concern His family.  His talk is getting darker, more on the fringe.  He has been referring to dieing and rising, calling people a "brood of vipers".  He's being accused of working with the "Prince of Demons".  He's starting to act a bit crazy and His family is worried.  A scene is created by His family wanting to call Him away.  In the midst of this turmoil Jesus makes a beautiful statement.  'Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.’

This is a call to intimacy from Jesus that I can't refuse.  He want's Him and me to be more that friends.  He's inviting me to be His brother.  Today I choose to follow the crazy man. His craziness makes more sense than the greatest wisdom of the world.

Jesus my brother. As I recommit to You I know I'm recommitting to Your craziness. But You are the only one who makes sense to me. I love You Lord, my brother.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: