Monday, July 5, 2010

Courage my Son

Jesus turned round and saw her; and he said to her, ‘Courage, my daughter, your faith has restored you to health.’ And from that moment the woman was well again.
Mt.9:22

Jesus is at the height of His public healing ministry.  A man asks Jesus to come raise his daughter from the dead and Jesus responds without hesitation.  While on His way to the man's daughter, Jesus is deliberately touched by a desperately ill woman who is instantly healed.
It seems at this period of His ministry, Jesus can't stop the healing power flowing out from himself.  Wherever there is need He automatically responds.  Even just a touch of Jesus in faith is enough to cause spontaneous  miraculous healing.
The two people in this reading have two things in common; an all-consuming need and an unshakable faith in Jesus;    "...her life will be saved".    "I... shall be well again".     They also shared a common result, their request was fulfilled by Jesus.
The word of compassion to the sick woman resonates for me... "Courage my daughter, your faith has restored you...".  Courage my son, your faith has restored you.  This is good news for me today.

Lord Jesus.  I thank you for the healing you have done, the healing you are doing and the healing you have yet to do in my life.  I take courage from your promises.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: