Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Answer lies in the Soil

'Others fell on rich soil and produced their crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Listen, anyone who has ears!’
Mt.13:8,9

Jesus is teaching to such a large crowd that He has to sit on a boat in the lake while the crowd stands on the shoreline. He is the consummate teacher, using parables to give His teachings.  Today's Gospel has Jesus telling His famous Parable of the Sower.  The answer seems to lie in the soil.

I am a seed sower when I think of my five children.  How rich is the soil that I have planted my seeds in? Even though most of my children are now adult, I know they still look to me for spiritual nourishment.  This can be a scary thought, especially on those days when the well is dry.  If I am to provide rich soil for my family I must be well fed myself.  These morning times I spend with God take on a new significance.

Holy Spirit, feed me that I may be rich soil for my loved ones and they may produce their crop.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: