Thursday, June 24, 2010

More of Him, Less of Me

“I am not the one you imagine me to be; that one is coming after me and I am not fit to undo his sandal.”
Acts.13:25

Today is the solemnity of the birthday of John the Baptist. It is a day to ponder on the character of the man of whom Jesus himself said, "Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist". 


John was great in his holiness, great in his courage and sense of divine purpose, but his greatest attribute was his humility.  As popular as he became he never lost sight of who he was in relation to Jesus. " I am not fit to undo his sandal.”


John the Baptist role models a simple and uncomplicated humility that seems to be a characteristic of all saints. It is the opposite to the vice of pride.  It is a characteristic I would do well to emulate ...today.

Holy Spirit, give me a spirit of humility, that I may be lesser so Jesus may become greater in me.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: