Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Fruit Bad Fruit

‘Beware of false prophets who come to you disguised as sheep but underneath are ravenous wolves. You will be able to tell them by their fruits.Mt.7:15

Jesus continues His great teaching to the crowds in His Sermon on the Mount.  Here He clearly gives a warning about people who will appear to be for the church, appear to even be speaking on behalf of God.  In reality they are only serving their own ravenous appetites.  And how do we discern such people? "By their fruits you shall know them".

This serves as a warning for me expect to meet such false prophets even today.  But more importantly, this makes me ask,what are my fruits?  How am I known?  The Pharisee within me is quick to point out my few paltry "Good Works", but that is not the one I should be listening to.  My wife, my children, those close around me;  what fruits would they say they see produced by me.  Are they predominantly good, or rotten?

Lord Jesus, You know the vacillating whims of my heart; sometimes good, sometimes rotten.  Lord, I beg your forgiveness and ask for a pure heart hungry for You, that I may bare only good fruit, fruit that will last.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: