Saturday, June 26, 2010

But Only Say the Word

Sir, I am not worthy to have you under my roof; just give the word and my servant will be cured. 
Mt. 8:8

Jesus has just come down of the mountainside where He has given His great Sermon on the Mount.  Large crowds are following Him, amazed at the authority by which He has just taught them.  They are about to be amazed further as Jesus underscores His authority by performing great miracles of healing.


Among the first public healings Jesus performs is the Centurion's Servant.  This event is highlighted by Jesus' proclamation about the greatness of the Centurion's faith: ‘I tell you solemnly, nowhere in Israel have I found faith like this".  Jesus then goes on to say that many from outside the chosen people will inherit the promised Kingdom while many sons of Abraham will be denied entry.  The keys to the kingdom seem to be associated with faith, the type of faith displayed by the Centurion.

This is good news for all people, good news for me.  The more I rely on the authority of Jesus over every area of my life, the more I am assured of being present at the "Feast of Heaven".

Lord Jesus, I place my trust in You.  I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: