Friday, June 4, 2010

Be Inspired

All scripture is inspired by God and can profitably be used for teaching, for refuting error, for guiding people’s lives and teaching them to be holy. This is how the man who is dedicated to God becomes fully equipped and ready for any good work.
2Tim.3:17

Paul is writing encouragement to Timothy, giving examples of how to live a holy life.  He gives strong endorsement of inspired scripture as a source of wisdom that leads to salvation.

This verse from 2Timothy is my motivator for daily Scripture Journaling.  I need to feed daily from the “Living Bread” of the Bible.  In this way I can:

  • Refute error
  • Be guided
  • Be taught holiness
  • Reaffirm my dedication to God
  • Be equipped for good works

My daily devotional time is always a struggle but always, always, always worth it.

Thank you Lord Jesus for Your inspired Word.  Holy Spirit, inspirer of sacred scripture, inspire me as I read it.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: