Thursday, May 20, 2010

Him in Me

With me in them and you in me, may they be so completely one that the world will realise that it was you who sent me…

Jn.17:21

Jesus continues His Priestly Prayer for the whole church, present and future. His prayer is for unity… “May they all be one”.

This is Jesus’ final prayer with His disciples before His passion and death, it covers the essentials of what He desires for the church after He has ascended and unity is a biggie.  “You in me… me in You… I in them…” is prayed over and over.  It’s important.

Unified is not only a joyful way to live but, according to Jesus, it is the greatest witness for God the Father.  Conversely, disunity is the greatest denial of God the Father.

The church is not good at witnessing unity.  I am not good at witnessing unity.  I need to stop judging and criticising and start loving my brothers and sisters.

Come Holy Spirit of God.  Give me a loving heart to overlook the imperfections of my brothers and sisters that I may become perfect.  Lord, give us unity that the world will realise it is You that sent us.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: