Saturday, May 29, 2010

Be Kind with Great Caution

When there are some who have doubts reassure them; when there are some to be saved from the fire, pull them out; but there are others to whom you must be kind with great caution, keeping your distance even from outside clothing which is contaminated by vice.
Jude.1:23

Jude is writing to early Jewish Christians, encouraging them in their faith.  He is specifically reminding believers to remember what the Apostles of Jesus taught.

I find it interesting that Jude encourages cautious outreach to those struggling in faith.  “Be kind with caution” almost seems a contradiction of terms.  Yet, there is wisdom here.  Sometimes when stepping into the mud to help a brother, the mud can stick.

My greatest act of caution is to keep my wife in the loop.  She has a wisdom that can warn me of dangers I don’t always see.

Lord Jesus, guide me when I am pulling some out from the fire that I don’t get burnt myself.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: