Thursday, April 8, 2010

Power in the Name

Thursday Octave of Easter

SCRIPTURE
...it is the name of Jesus which, through our faith in it, has brought back the strength of this man whom you see here and who is well known to you. It is faith in that name that has restored this man to health, as you can all see.
Acts.3:16

OBSERVATION
Peter and John have just healed a cripple in the temple in the the name of Jesus, causing great excitement among the crowd.  Peter uses the moment to preach powerfully about Jesus, the source of the miracle they had all just witnessed.

APPLICATION
Peter used the miracle to preach about Jesus and not take any of the credit for himself.  The miracle happened because of "faith in that name".  It's in that beautiful name, the name of Jesus, that I live and move and have my being.  Today I have a fresh appreciation of the power in the name of Jesus.  There is no other name by which man can be saved, there is no other name under heaven.

PRAYER
My Lord Jesus.  I lift up your Holy and wonderful name.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: