Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Know the sound of His Voice

Easter Tuesday

SCRIPTURE
Jesus said, ‘Mary!’ She knew him then...
Jn.20:16

OBSERVATION
All we know of Mary of Magdala is that she had seven demons cast out from her by Jesus, that she became one of the faithful women followers of Jesus, that she was present at His crucifixion and that she was among the first to have seen the resurrected Lord. At first she doesn't recognise Jesus in His resurrected body, but when He calls her name she instantly knows who He is.

APPLICATION
Mary had been on both sides of the track.  We don't know what the seven demons were but we do know that the casting of them out by Jesus radically changed her life.  She was so attached to Jesus, her love so great, that she stayed around during His passion and death while the other disciples fled in fear.
How great is my love for Jesus?  What demons am I still holding onto that stop me from being a radical follower?  Would I recognise Jesus' voice if He called my name?

PRAYER
Jesus my Lord, my God my All.  How can I love you as I ought?
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: