Friday, April 2, 2010

By His wounds I am Healed


Good Friday

SCRIPTURE

Yet he was pierced through for our faults, crushed for our sins. On him lies a punishment that brings us peace, and through his wounds we are healed. We had all gone astray like sheep, each taking his own way, and the Lord burdened him with the sins of all of us.
Is.53:5,6

OBSERVATION
Isaiah prophesies the passion and death of Jesus, outlining the purpose of the horror of it all.  The single word "crushed" does not fully describe the torture employed in Jesus' death by scourging and crucifixion.  And yet on him lies a punishment that brings me peace, by His wounds I am healed.

APPLICATION
I enter today as a man healed, as a man who has been brought peace.  Today I remember the cost of  this priceless gift, and I am thankful.

PRAYER
Jesus my Lord, my God, my all.  How can I love You as I ought.  Thank you Lord for my healing, for my peace.  I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: