Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where do I place my trust?

SCRIPTURE
A blessing on the man who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it feels no alarm, its foliage stays green; it has no worries in a year of drought, and never ceases to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7,8

OBSERVATION
The prophet Jeremiah is laying out the consequences of trusting man in or trusting in God. The former leads to barrenness and death, the latter to fruitfulness and life. The point is it is not if heat comes, it is when heat comes that the difference is made obvious. The heat brings barrenness and death or fruitfulness and life.

APPLICATION
I am experiencing heat at the moment. My job is under review and I am facing the possibility of office closure, which would mean redundancy for me. Where do I place my trust? It’s a no-brainer. Today I trust in the Lord.

PRAYER
The Lord is the light of my salvation. Whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life, I shall not be afraid.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: