Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Place of Refuge

SCRIPTURE
Queen Esther took refuge with the Lord in the mortal peril which had overtaken her. She besought the Lord God of Israel…
Esther 4:17

OBSERVATION
Esther has just been appealed to by her uncle Mordecai to approach King Xerxes and reveal Haman’s plans to eradicate the Jews. She knows that to approach the King unbidden is punishable by death. But if she remains silent, she and her race will be annihilated. In short, she is between a rock and a hard place.

APPLICATION
The story of Esther is a wonderful story of courage and faith winning out over evil. In the early stages, Esther looks doomed whichever way she turns, so she turns to the only way left to her… she turns to her God.
I’ve just received news that my office faces the possibility of closure, leaving me made redundant. It looks gloomy whichever way I turn. I choose to turn to the only way left to me, …my God.

PRAYER
Father in heaven, my times are in your hand. Give me the peace your Son gives to those who love him.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: