Sunday, February 28, 2010

Perspective

SCRIPTURE
For us, our homeland is in heaven, and from heaven comes the saviour we are waiting for, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Ph.3:20

OBESERVATION
Paul is writing while imprisoned to the church in Philippi, giving doctrinal teaching on what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. The basics are being covered and warnings given to watch out for those who are enemies of Paul and what he preaches.

APPLICATION
This verse gives us believers our most profound change of perspective on life. It is a mystery to non-believers, something they can never understand. Our gaze is always over the horizon. As good as this life gets (and it is very good) it is still “shadow lands” compared to the glories of the next. We are aliens, travelling through a foreign land. Heaven is our home. Today, whatever it brings, only makes sense because of the hope I have in tomorrow… eternity spent with my Lord, my Saviour and my friend.

PRAYER
I wait in joy and hope for the coming of my Saviour Jesus Christ. Come, just like you promised!

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: