Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When the Spirit Comes

Wednesday 30th April 2008 - Sixth week of Eastertide.

SCRIPTURE
Jesus said: ‘I still have many things to say to you but they would be too much for you now. But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth...
Jn.16:12,13

OBSERVATION
At the Last Supper Jesus is telling of the coming of the Holy Spirit. There's an inference that the Holy Spirit is the one who will take all believers to the next step in their faith.

APPLICATION
I know this has been true for me. The knowledge of Jesus excited and attracted me but it was the Holy Spirit that empowered me to to start living for Jesus.
The Church is leading us to the culmination of Eastertide - Pentecost. I need a new Pentecost as the physical world creates a spiritual haze.

PRAYER
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: