Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Man of Light

Wednesday 2nd April 2008

SCRIPTURE
And indeed, everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, for fear his actions should be exposed; but the man who lives by the truth comes out into the light, so that it may be plainly seen that what he does is done in God.
Jn.3:20,21

OBSERVATION
Jesus continues His dialog with Nicodemus, a contact that was eventually to convert Nicodemus into a follower.

APPLICATION
I love the story of Nicodemus, the scared Pharisee who just couldn't dismiss what what Jesus was saying and so sneaked up to Jesus in the middle of the night to talk. We next read of him boldly accompanying
Joseph of Arimathea to bury Jesus when everyone else was in hiding. Nicodemus was literally transformed from a man of the night to a man of the light. How? ...by confronting Jesus and asking the hard questions. There is a message here for me. Don't be afraid of the hard questions; Jesus always has solid answers that can take me out of the darkness and into the light.

PRAYER
Jesus, shine your light into my dark areas. Transform me as you transformed Nicodemus.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: