Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stay Home with Jesus

Wednesday 23rd April 2008 - Fifth week of Eastertide

SCRIPTURE
Make your home in me, as I make mine in you. As a branch cannot bear fruit all by itself, but must remain part of the vine, neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing.
Jn.15:4,5

OBSERVATION
Jesus continues His final discourse at the Last Supper. This is Jesus final teaching to His disciples. When a man knows he is about to die, his last words to his loved ones are chosen carefully.

APPLICATION
Recently I've been called to a leadership role. Not surprisingly, I've been struggling with temptation at the same time. The two seem to go hand in hand. These words of Jesus cut through the mind games that temptation plays. Sin cuts me off from God. The result? I can do nothing. The antidote? Identify sin for the road to death that it is and then take up Jesus' offer to make my home in Him. A home in Jesus! What a wonderful place to live.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you for your invitation to make my home in You. I stay connected to You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: