Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Son of Encouragement

Tuesday 15th April 2008 - 4th week of Eastertide.

SCRIPTURE
...for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.
Acts 11:24

OBSERVATION
Many disciples have scattered to escape persecution, some going to Antioch where they preached to the Greeks. Barnabas is sent by the church of Jerusalem to verify what is happening. He is pleased with what he finds and urges them on in their zeal. Barnabas is living up to his name, "Son of Encouragement".

APPLICATION
What an honor, to be recorded in the Bible as "a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith". I've met men like this and they have always been encouragers, men who have urged me on in my faith journey. The Church still needs sons of encouragement, filled with faith and the Holy Spirit. Do I measure up?

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, fill me with your power and the gift of faith, that I may be a Son of Encouragement to those I met today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: