Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Never Hunger, Never Thirst

Tuesday 8th April 2008 - Third week of Eastertide.

SCRIPTURE
I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst.

OBSERVATION
The day after Jesus fed the five-thousand and walked on water the crowds clamor after Him demanding, "Give us a sign!" This just proves that even though faith can lead to miracles, miracles do not necessarily lead to faith. Jesus knew this and so refuses to perform for them, instead giving them the real message, the hard message; "I am the bread of life".
What a promise!

APPLICATION
As a Catholic, these words of Jesus resonate with my very soul each time I receive Him in Holy Communion. This has been my experience for nineteen years this Easter, Jesus meeting my deepest needs. Never hungry... never thirsty.

PRAYER
Thank you Jesus that I can meet you in every Mass in the Eucharist. You are my Bread of Life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: