Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Servant King

Thursday 20th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
If I, then, the Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you should wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example so that you may copy what I have done to you.
Jn.13:14,15

OBSERVATION
The very first act of Jesus at the Last Supper is to wash the disciple's feet. Despite Peter's protests, Jesus was insistent on doing this for everyone present. Even Judas would have had his feet washed by the one he was about to betray.

APPLICATION
Washing the disciples feet was one of the last deliberate teachings of Jesus before His Passion and death. It was by this act that He wanted to be remembered in those last few hours, specifically so the disciples could emulate Him; so I could emulate Him.
If I dare any claim of leadership it is the model I must follow. Be it leadership in my household or leadership in the Church, I become the servant of all. Jesus would have it no other way.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus. You set before me the perfect example. Help me be a Servant King in my household.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: