Tuesday, March 11, 2008

He Lifted Me

SCRIPTURE
When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He...
Jn.8:28

OBSERVATION
Jesus continues His dialog with the Pharisees, warning them of where their unbelief will leave them. He alludes to His approaching crucifixion where the ultimate sacrifice will fully complete His work on earth.

APPLICATION
Whether we lift Jesus up to crucify Him or lift Him up to praise Him doesn't matter. It's the lifting of Him that makes us recognise who He really is. He is either a God to persecute or a God to praise; in both instances, He is God.
I have the enormous privilege of leading praise and worship. Whenever I lift Jesus up in praise a wonderful thing happens. He reaches down and lifts me up no matter how I'm feeling. The act of lifting Him results in me being lifted... and I know that it is He.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit. Empower my praise and worship that Jesus may be lifted up so all may look at Him and live.
Little Flower please pray for me.


No comments: