Friday, March 14, 2008

God Bless the Irish

Friday 14th March 2008 - Saint Patrick's Day (NZ calender)

SCRIPTURE
I have made you a light to the nations, so that my salvation may reach the ends of the earth.
Acts.13:47

OBSERVATION
Paul and Barnabas quote Isaiah to the Jews who have rejected their Gospel message. The listening pagans are overjoyed to hear that his message is for them as well. No doubt this passge was in Saint Patrick's heart as he went to Ireland to spread the Good News among the pagans.

APPLICATION
My family has been blessed by Irish priests. I first heard the Good News of Jesus from one. Most of my children have been baptised and received first Holy Communion from one. Today, on saint Patrick's Day, I thank God for that faithful man whose message of Christ's Salvation has literally reached the ends of the earth here in New Zealand.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you that your salvation is for all the world; is for me.
Saint Patrick, please pray for me.

No comments: