Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Free Indeed

Wednesday 11th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.
Jn.8:36

OBSERVATION
Jesus is in dialog with the Jews who cannot make the connection that He is the Son of God. Without this understanding everything Jesus says doesn't make sense or can be dismissed as the rantings of a madman. Jesus states quite plainly that He can set people free from the slavery of sin.

APPLICATION
I heard just yesterday of a survey where 9,000 people were asked to identify their greatest sin. One quarter of them responded indicating they didn't believe in sin. To me this identifies the heart of the problem, If there is no such thing as sin, who needs a Saviour? Denying sin is like denying gravity. It exists whether I believe in it or not. Denying the existence of sin is Satan's greatest ploy and I buy into it each time I choose to sin.
Holy Week is approaching. I need reconciliation to regain the freedom the Son offers me.

PRAYER
Jesus my brother. As a slave to sin my place is not assured; but when you set my free I am free indeed! Thank you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: