Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bad, Mad or the Son of God?

Saturday 8th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
The police replied, "There has never been anybody who has spoken like him!"
Jn. 40:46

OBSERVATION
Jesus is in Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles and is openly teaching and inviting people to believe in Him. The people know the temple authorities want to kill Jesus and so don't know how to receive Him. Is he right or wrong, good or bad, or is he just another mad self-proclaimed messiah? But then there's His teaching with such authority, and the miracles...

APPLICATION
How do I receive Jesus? Is He bad, mad or He claims to be, the Son of God? The question of Jesus boils down to these three options even today. On the evidence of my life without Jesus compared to life with Him, I must conclude, as did Thomas, "My Lord and my God!"

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, today again, I confess my faith in You. There has never been anybody like You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: