Friday, February 22, 2008

Who do you say I am?

Friday 22nd February 2008
Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter the Apostle

SCRIPTURE
"But you," he said, "who do you say I am?"

OBSERVATION
Today is the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter the Apostle. I acknowledge with gratitude the teaching authority of the
Magisterium of the Holy Roman Catholic Church, as handed down from Saint Peter.

Jesus asks the question to His disciples and He asks the question to me, "But you, who do you say that I am?" My answer reveals the state of my relationship with Him. Peter's answer names Jesus' divinity, "Son of the Living God". This is the place where believers and non-believers separate. Every attack and ridicule thrown at the Church has an attack on the divinity of Jesus behind it. Jesus? ...a nice bloke, but God?!

APPLICATION
So, who do I say Jesus is when asked? My answer is determined by my relationship with Him. He is my God who healed me, my brother who walks beside me, my friend who never leaves me. How I live out today will say who Jesus is to those around me. Who will I say Jesus is...

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you for giving us Your Church. Bless and protect Pope Benedict XVI. Thank you for being my friend, my brother, my God.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: