Thursday, February 21, 2008

Walk Stand Sit

Thursday 21st February 2008

SCRIPTURE
Happy indeed is the man who follows not he way of the wicked, nor lingers in the way of sinners, nor sits in the company of scorners, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord and ponders it day and night.
Ps.1:1,2

OBSERVATION
Psalm 1 highlights the source of happiness, the Word of God. But it also shows what the path to separation from God looks like. It entails following, lingering, sitting. Other versions say walk, stand, sit. And isn't this just the way sin entices and ensnares me? I first walk along side it, I stand with it and then sit down with it.

APPLICATION
The Antidote? Don't even start walking along side of sin. Don't tempt my temptation, it will always win. Today I choose to walk away from the temptations that will surely come my way.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, alert me when temptation calls me over to walk with it.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: